S.C.B. Associates of Eastern Province
The powerful manifestation of the spirit today is the rejuvenation of her bride, the Church, made very expressive by the rising up of the laity who dedicates themselves for evangelization in our days. Lay people are consecrated and ordained ministers The Congregation felt that it is urgent to build up strong association with the laity keeping in with the signs of the time and empower them to give them the well deserved recognition and encouragement. The involvement of the laity in our activities is a way of ensuring the continuity of our Mission of Compassion.
Our late Pope John Paul II invited the lay people, especially those who were interested in spreading the Kingdom of God to join with any congregation to extend their cooperation.
The S.C.B.Associates / the Collaborators are those who are interested to collaborate with us to continue the Mission of Compassion.
The General Chapter of 2000 chaired by Rev. Mother Benedicta Lobo the Superior General welcomed the proposal of establishing Lay collaboration with the Congregation of St. Charles Borromeo.
Sr. Sheila and Sr. Lilly K. were the core animators. The S.C.B. Associates at Chilakaluripet in 2006 by the then Superior, Sr. Sagayam
At the first meeting held at Adrian Villa .Sr. Lilly. K. the C.O.S.A.F. Chair Person welcomed the Coordinators of SCB Associates of a few communities- Sr.Ignatius, Sr.Jane, Sr.Josephine Doss, Sr.Victoria Arulrani and Sr.Sundari. It was presided over by Sr.Jaya, the Provincial Superior.
Sr. Jaya explained to the group the need and purpose of forming this association. She read out the letter sent by Rev. Mother General who has been an inspiration to this new venture.
|Place||Animator||Date of Installation||No.of Members||Date of Promise|
|Tirupattur||Sr.Jane||Aug. 10, 2008||12||10.10.10|
|Ranipet||Sr.Josephine Doss||June 7,2009||13||18.08.11|
|Madurai||Sr.Fatima Rani||October 1, 2008||12|
|Perumon||Sr.Bertin||April 8, 2000||12|
|Perambur||Sr.Ignatius||December 7, 2008||12|
|Yelagiri||Sr.Nirmala William||March 7, 2010||8|
“Whoever remains in me and I in Him bears fruit in plenty.”Jn.15.5
A definite procedure is adapted for grafting the associates to the spirit of the Congregation. During the periodical meetings a deepening of the knowledge about our Congregation is done through in-put sessions and discussions on the following topic:
- Charism of our Congregation
- Brief history of our Founder and Patron
- Spirit of the Congregation
- Biographies of predecessors
- Our Crest and Logo.
- Our ministries in India and Overseas
The involvement of the associates in our apostolate activities through
- Voluntary service at evening study centers for the poor students
- Visit to the sick and invalid in the locality and Government Hospitals.
- Job opportunities for the poor youth and widows
- Listening to the problems of people and praying for them.
- Getting involved in the parish activities.
- On certain occasions the associates are invited to join the local SCB communities for celebrations.
- Sr.Jaya, Sr.Ignatius and Sr.Lily K. attended a meeting of the animators and coordinators of S.C.B.Associates at Vakola in 2007.
- Sr.Jane participated in the meeting of the coordinators at Majiwade in 2010
- A meeting of the animators and coordinators of S.C.B.Associates from three provinces in India was held at Tirupattur on the 24th July 2010 in which 28 members took part.
The Junior SCB Associates have been conceived and initiative is given to establish them in Madurai and Ranipet. Clarity of vision and effective functioning are in the process of being strengthened.