Establishing a society of Justice, Peace and Love
To form a casteless egalitarian society rooted in the Gospel values.
To incarnate the compassionate Love of God for all people especially women, children, the tribal, dalits and youths
The history of salvation consists in which God liberates humanity from sin and the consequences of sin and injustice, slavery and inequality. Out of His compassionate love and concern for the oppressed God takes part fully in their liberative struggles. Down the ages, the prophets announced and gave witness to this Good news of liberation.
The Jesus event is a vital link in this long chain of liberation history. By becoming one with the oppressed, Jesus spent his life to liberate humanity from sin and the consequential unjust social structures and built a new society. (LK.4: 18-19).
The church is continually called to live the same radical life of Jesus and thus announce the coming of God’s Kingdom.
St. Charles Borromeo Patron of our congregation reached out to the orphans, ages, widows and all those who were rejected by the society. Our founder Fr. Adrien Bresy liberated the poor and the marginalized of the society through Christian Education. Today, the sisters of St.Charles continue to live out the founding Charism, to be at the service of the least and the lost following the footsteps of Jesus.
Only the liberation of the oppressed and the exploited can put an end to inequality and injustice. The poor have to come together and act to change the structure of the contemporary society and to build a new one. Keeping this in mind and enlightened by the Vatican Council II and social teachings of the church our congregation encourages the sisters to involve in the charitable, relief, developmental activities and to participate in the struggles of people in order to transform their lives.
- To help in the integral development of the people and to perform the works of charity for those in need, irrespective of race, colour, language and creed.
- To engage in social activities aimed at improving the living condition and general welfare of the poor particularly the women and children
- To help in uplifting the poor and marginalized families
- To strive for the empowerment of marginalized women through an animation process that ensures their integral development and promotes gender equality.
- To promote developmental programme through community participation for sustainability.
- In protecting the human rights of people, to ensure the restoration of the right.
- To encourage and guide the disadvantaged rural and urban youth to take up alternative livelihoods.
- To promote value based leaders among the young generation developing their confidence and aptitudes.
- To educate the general public on the prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases such as Malaria, T.B, ect.
- To ensure environmental sustainability
- Women (illiterate, dalits, tribal, economically and socially poor) children (child labors and orphans), Drop out and differently gifted.
- Aged men and woman
- The tribal, refugees, prisoners, lepers, HIV/AIDS affected and infected patients, drug addicts and alcoholics.
- Materially rich but spiritually and psychologically poor.